Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Children and Families Bill

(9 Posts)
inappropriatelyemployed Sat 08-Jun-13 07:32:14

News on twitter is that this bill has its third reading in House of Commons on 11th.

This Bill will do nothing to make our struggles easier as promised. It won't change underhand and unlawful practices. See @SENcollusion on twitter and retweet!

If you have the energy (!) draw this paper's attention to your MP. You can find their details here and draw their attention to the failure of this Bill to live up to the Green Papers promise to reduce the struggle and to its failure to strengthen accountability/transparency of LAs and the rights of the child (see recommendations in the paper)

Badvoc Sat 08-Jun-13 08:25:05

Was this the bill that was trying to make home ed much harder/not possible? (Under labour)

Badvoc Sat 08-Jun-13 08:26:10

I will write to my MP.
He must be getting sick of me by now smile
My letter about the changes to FSM pulled no punches smile
I also got a reply from gove about that one too!

inappropriatelyemployed Sat 08-Jun-13 08:42:25

This is the Bill which introduces the new Education and Health Care Plans to replace statements. The Green Paper which introduced the idea of changes talked about how the Gov knew things were a struggle for parents and how they wanted to change that.

But with the same LAs assessing and funding the same provision with the same NHS services - nothing has changed and there are elements of making things worse eg getting rid of SA and SA+

inappropriatelyemployed Sat 08-Jun-13 08:56:39

Should add I wrote to Timpson who never even acknowledged my email!

Summerloading Sat 08-Jun-13 08:57:31

Written to MP, and tweeted - hopefully will get retweets from one or two smile

inappropriatelyemployed Sat 08-Jun-13 11:35:38

gREAT THANKS!!

inappropriatelyemployed Sat 08-Jun-13 11:39:45

Not sure what happened there!

StarlightMcKenzie Mon 10-Jun-13 11:03:19

bump

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: