Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

DLA award

(11 Posts)
smurfet Fri 26-May-06 19:05:07

sent DD's 1st application to DLA on may 4th,had letter to say they recieved it on the 8th,had phone call today asking more info about DD's sleep and lady on phone said will get a letter in 7-10days as she HAS BEEN AWARDED only she didnt say what rate but i was really shocked it was that quick!!!

Socci Fri 26-May-06 20:02:25

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

jambuttie Fri 26-May-06 22:41:34

thats so quick smurfet.

I applied on 6th march for dt2 they recieved it on the 10th march
phoned them again on tuesday they said a decision has been made and to expect a letter by the end of the week

still no letter today though

all in all 10 weeks we have been waiting, i have a feeling it's going to be refused and we need to appeal which has a 13 week action

jambuttie Sun 28-May-06 19:54:52

some money has appereard in the ban from dla for dt2. need the letter to work out what rate etc he is on cause it doesnt make sense by the bank figures if that makes any sense?

jambuttie Wed 31-May-06 09:42:11

Got award letter and they have granted my sonn low rate care.

I am appealing at the moment as they say he needs an additional hour a day only

Come live with me and see if an hours enough that doesnt even take cover 1 mealtime

Piffle Wed 31-May-06 09:55:57

Well done, we got our award back within 6 working days, mind you we sent a photocopy of every consultants letter for the past 3 years and that was about 120 pages

jambuttie Wed 31-May-06 14:33:08

we are still awaiting the reports to be sent to us, requested cdc one in march and still waiting.

will take 11 weeks to appeal they said.

Has anyone any experiences on appealing that can help me?

Saggarmakersbottomknocker Wed 31-May-06 15:29:20

Posted on your other thread jammy.

onlyjoking9329 Wed 31-May-06 21:19:17

if you are not happy with the award then you can ask them to " look again" someone else looks at the forms and may well come to a different level, we did this with our twin girls ASD they were turned down for everything once they looked again they both got high rate if they look again and don't change it then you can still appeal.

jambuttie Thu 01-Jun-06 11:47:02

I have asked for them to reconsider. They said I will get an acknowledgement through the post and to send on any other information I have.

So for the reconsideration I am trying to get the reports sent to me from all the proffesionals involved but as you all know this can take months- I am still waiting the CDC report from february despite chasing it up a few times.

So what kind of information must I provide with the reconsideration??

jambuttie Thu 01-Jun-06 16:10:37

bump for more advice

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: