Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

i dont believe it

(14 Posts)
jenk1 Wed 24-May-06 12:26:21

tomorrow there was a big meeting planned between us, our private psych, CAMHS psych,pupil referral unit manager,DS home tutor,SENCO,Head Teacher,Head of SEN dept from LEA and my aunt who is a school teacher as well.

The head teacher has cancelled because "Ive got to be somewhere"

It has taken absolutely months to get everyone together so now there wont be another meeting until at least end of June/July and DS has been out of school since Nov 05.

He currently gets 4 hours a week home tuition provided which isnt enough IMO.

Im so annoyed, my aunt says they are stalling for time as we have kicked up a big stink about this, they wont have to do anything until Sep06 and they are half way through their budget, she says its a money issue.

We are going to write to our MP and the Director of Education to complain.

OHhhhh im so angry

emmalou78 Wed 24-May-06 12:40:54

Oh jen,I'd be more then angry, I'd be demanding to know why the head teacher suddenly has to be anywhere when a meetings been arranged with so many outside agencies, asides all else it reflects so badly on the school..

Complain to everyone who can help you in this.

hope things get sorted ASAP the system is letting down you boy so very badly its disgusting.

coppertop Wed 24-May-06 12:45:25

I would be absolutely furious if no reasonable excuse was given. Hopefully the others who would have been at the meeting will now see for themselves how unprofessional the Head is being.

Saker Wed 24-May-06 13:17:27

I would go ahead with the meeting anyway without the headteacher. If the SENCO is there the school is represented. It is totally unacceptable to cancel a meeting like this at the last moment.

Twiglett Wed 24-May-06 13:24:05

if the head can't make it then the deputy head or head of year should

it is totally inappropriate to cancel a meeting of this type

kick up a fuss .. where does s/he have to be? why is it more important? how dare they?

peachyClair Wed 24-May-06 13:32:11

Unless it was a genuine no alternative- funeral of close family member, operations she's been waiting for for six years- then she is out of order. Go ahead without her, then all she blows is her chance to have input. Crap, isn't it Jenk?

Hope it still goes ahead and sending you luckXX

jenk1 Wed 24-May-06 13:36:14

she says her deputy AND the SENCO cant ,ma,ke it, something smells supicious to me

AttilaTheMeerkat Wed 24-May-06 13:38:08

jenk1

It all seems highly suspect to me as well.

Will the meeting still go ahead - if possible it should go ahead regradless of them not being there. These people anyway need to talk to one another.

jenk1 Wed 24-May-06 14:16:10

no, head has told all professionals involved that its off.

My private psych has just phoned to tell me he,s disgusted that IHO they are b*ggering about.

He is drafting a letter to the head of education.

He says its disgusting.

redbull Wed 24-May-06 17:25:51

might sound a bit extreme but i would tell them unless they get something sorted pronto im going to the papers and telling them how crap inclusion is when the school wont even acomadate for my child and that my child is getting no education because of the school being extremely uncooperative.

they would then soon be rallying around

reiver Wed 24-May-06 20:08:01

Oh jenk this is appalling news. If, as peachyClair said, she has some really genuine reason you'd have thought she (or her secretary) would have had the courtesy to say so .........and as they haven't it's rather suspicious and stinks.

On a completely different subject ......how's your wee girl doing? Hope she's improving.

Thomcat Wed 24-May-06 20:24:17

Can only echo what you and others have said. I'm ed and and .

jenk1 Wed 24-May-06 21:20:42

reiver-she,s much better now thanks for asking

My aunt and the psych are going to help me compose a letter to our local MP and the director of education, we go away tomorrow afternoon so will do it next week

dinosaure Wed 24-May-06 21:25:40

jenk1 this is so out of order. Am very on your behalf.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: