Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

I just have soo many problems. I feel like a drama queen but I just can't relate to anyone in RL.

(9 Posts)
QueenofWhispers Wed 22-May-13 14:01:38

I think DH and I love each other..

We're pregnant with no.2

...BUT we are under soo much pressure due to our DS having ASD that he has to compartmentalise really big pieces of our lives. The financial pressure of the therapies we provide our child is crippling to say the least....our son is the best thing that has ever happened to us; his ASD is the worst thing that has ever happened to us...however there is a little boy beyond the ASD and he is fantastic; honestly the best person we have ever met. I've never met anyone else with a cooler personality....but DH has been unable to compile his statement (and we started the statmenting process over 2.5 years ago)...I started it, dealt with it for a few months and realised I couldn't cope so DH said he would handle it+school place. I do generally handle everything else. Now I have to work too. When I can't do something--and I can't ask him to do it--who else can I ask? Why does HE get the luxury to throw and tantrum and cry? I'm just not mature enough for this.

There is no school space for DS. There is no finalised Statement---despite everything being ready for it. He has no space for Reception...The worst part is, I'm pregnant and I really wanted this baby--but now I don't...and he still does.

to top it all off, now N is being investigated for epilepsy and although it may not be a serious issue (thank you girls for making me feel better about it) I just don't think it wise to have another child.

We're just the worst parents ever--especially for N; we love him but I think we could do better. I just don't know how to get our act together.

PolterGoose Wed 22-May-13 14:31:26

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

StarlightMcKenzie Wed 22-May-13 18:07:15

I 'know' you right? And have done for at least 5 years right?

StarlightMcKenzie Wed 22-May-13 18:11:08

Congratulations on the pregnancy.

Let me get my own act together (shortly) and I'll come visit you and give you a shake. I think I have some ideas that might help.

QueenofWhispers Wed 22-May-13 19:28:21

yes star you do know me..and have known me for 5 years.

thanks polter can't even afford the coffee pods atm. For the first time in my life, I am living pay check to pay check.

MareeeyaDoloures Thu 23-May-13 16:17:08

Good bits (all sound long term) Marriage more or less intact. Dc2 on the way. Dc1 generally lovely, and making some progress with ruinously expensive therapies. Most of statement work finished.

Bad bits (all sound temporary) Last minute statement shenanigans, pregnancy symptoms, DH stressing out, totally skint, feel inadequate and incapable.

Don't knows: possible epilepsy, reception, how will you manage dc2.

MareeeyaDoloures Thu 23-May-13 16:18:51

The good bits are there. The bad bits will pass. The unsure bits can't really be sorted at the moment, so you can worry about them later.

StarlightMcKenzie Thu 23-May-13 17:19:09

Can you get to Lincoln Inn Fields or suggest another secure park/playspace with a café etc in half term?

QueenofWhispers Fri 24-May-13 03:42:42

Lincoln Inn Fields--I googled it--it's in Camden? I'm sure if it's close to a public transport link we can get to it.

otherwise theres always hyde park as my favourite suggestion.

Blueshark will be over today, hopefully she won't mind talking me through this weeks hell.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now