Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

what happens if provision as per statement is not given

(4 Posts)
chocjunkie Tue 21-May-13 12:37:35

just found out that DD's OT has gone on long term sick leave. no replacement in place and I have been told that there might be no provision this term.

DD should see OT as per statement this term. whom do I take it up with? is it the LA?

armani Tue 21-May-13 13:00:59

Phone ipsea and they will talk you through what you need to do.
I have spoken to them this morning and they are absolutely spot on at providing uptodate legal advice.

StarlightMcKenzie Tue 21-May-13 13:59:01

Yes it is the LA. Write to them and ask how they are meeting your ds' OT needs this term and ask them to also confirm how many hours of OT your child has currently missed with a date of when this will be rectified and how it will be made up.

Then call one of the charities for support.

chocjunkie Tue 21-May-13 14:09:45

thanks star. thought it might be the LA. have just found a model letter on the Ipsea website.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: