Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

On a scale of 1 to 10 how likely is it that this is a true explanation? (hfa related)

(3 Posts)
Surrealistrhinoceros Mon 20-May-13 16:57:50

DS, 7 tomorrow, has been utterly non compliant with his teacher who is normally great with him for about the last two weeks. He has finally given me the explanation that said teacher asked him (presumably in front of the class) if he needed a poo. This embarrassed him and he has been horrible to her ever since.

DS is HFA/PDA type behaviour and doesn't easily understand social interaction. Do you reckon this is a possible explanation? Or does it indicate 'I don't know why I'm doing this and am reaching for a reason at random'.

Thoughts welcome!

NoHaudinMaWheest Mon 20-May-13 21:43:19

Obviously I don't know but I could certainly imagine my Ds (HFA) doing this especially when he was younger. He did and to a certain extent still does go off people when they say something which is 'just wrong'.

Surrealistrhinoceros Mon 20-May-13 22:21:44

That's very helpful thank you. I don't know as yet whether we have got to the bottom of his behaviour, but it's interesting and useful to know that an incident like that might have been a trigger for other HFA kids. Thanks.

Teacher is lovely and will not in a million years have set out to upset him.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now