Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Mother becomes a SEN lawyer - US article

(7 Posts)
buildingmycorestrength Mon 20-May-13 14:35:52

Thought you all might like this.

Wish I could make it link but can't see how on Android appsad .

JsOtherHalf Mon 20-May-13 17:32:14

Here is another website with the article:

nostoppingme Wed 22-May-13 10:14:01

Thank you for posting the link. If I had the funds, I would be looking at doing exactly the same thing.

I might retrain to help dyslexic/ASD children...

lougle Wed 22-May-13 17:40:09

My dream.

inappropriatelyemployed Wed 22-May-13 18:51:43

Admirable but over here, without legal aid, you'd never get into a practice to undertake education work unless you join parents.

As a qualified lawyer, I can't see how that helps in anyway.

inappropriatelyemployed Wed 22-May-13 18:52:08

unless you charge parents.

basicallytame Wed 22-May-13 19:08:34

Why wouldn't it help IA? The specialist SEN legal firms still help some parents, even if they have to charge for it (and there is still legal aid for tribunal cases).

I know that Elaine Maxwell of Maxwell Gillot is a parent of an SEN child herself (and she says that's what motivated her to work in that area), and I know there are a few other SEN barristers/solicitors who have chosen to work in that area, because they either have dc with disabilities, or other family like siblings.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: