Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Talk Tools - what is nectar?

(6 Posts)
messmonster Fri 17-May-13 16:48:10

Wondering if Pleasantspice or anyone else who knows Talk Tools is about? I'm doing a bit of a DIY TT job with the help of a friend who's a SALT. I'm about to start the straw programme and notice that it talks about nectar as being a liquid thicker than the first level liquids such as water, milk etc.

I think I'm right in saying it's something between fruit juice and a fruit puree is that right?

Anyone know please?

dev9aug Fri 17-May-13 18:22:28

There you go

PleasantSpice Fri 17-May-13 20:41:24

Hi yes a thick fruit juice would be appropriate, or some milkshake a may be appropriate. How's it going with TalkTools?

PleasantSpice Fri 17-May-13 20:42:32

Are you about to start the straw hierarchy? Or are you at straw 5 ready to start the thickened liquids hierarchy?

messmonster Fri 17-May-13 21:15:08

Thanks Dev and PleasantSpice smile. Yes, am about to start with straw 5, she's mastered the others no problem and I suspect straw 5 with normal water/juice will also be fine so we need to start thickening the liquids. Haven't properly read up on it yet but know that's the next step. Smoothie type consistency sounds like it will work.

PleasantSpice Sat 18-May-13 07:42:41

With straws 5-8 you continue to use thin liquids but you start to use the single sip technique, not continuous drinking. With the thickened liquids hierarchy, you do start it when you reach straw 5, but the thickened liquids hierarchy is done with completely different straws. They do come in the straw pack. You may know all of this, sorry of you do, it is just that I see many people get the techniques confused when they get to straw 5.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now