Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Massive brag.. very proud of my daughetr ... (SN sibling)

(11 Posts)

DD2 is just finishing her first year of Learning Disability Nursing.
She is a compulsive writer and it was a hard decision whether to nurse or study English with creative writing. She is a blogger and has been for over 4 years now, but has recently started a separate blog about Learning Disability Nursing.

Today Learningdisabilitynurse.com (the main web for LD nursing) contacted her and asked if they could put her blog on their site

I am proud of her. She has talent for writing and she has passion and committment born of being DS2 (ASD, MLD)'s sister.. I hope she will become an educator one day.

Linky below... have a look..

http://learningdisabilitynurse.tumblr.com

Her post about 'Quality of Life' especially....

Bollocks I so cannot type on a phone...

learningdisabilitynurse.tumblr.com

dev9aug Thu 16-May-13 21:00:55

wow, It's a brilliant blog. You are definitely very right to be proud of her. I loved the 'quality of life' blog post especially as we also have a 24weeker here and we are very proud and happy for him.

MareeeyaDoloures Thu 16-May-13 21:22:35

grin grin
Her 'quality of life' piece is superb.

2old2beamum Thu 16-May-13 21:28:06

May I take this opportunity to thank your wonderful daughter for her brilliant blog.
As parents who have adopted 8 with SN I am do not blame their birth parents for relinquishing their rights (puzzled yes) but not one of them would have wished them dead.
Has this evil man ever met any disabled human being instead of looking in his wallet.
As a Paediatric nurse/ midwife I know your daughter will do well. Please tell her I was at my eldest adopted DS (Downs) delivery be warned!!

RinkyDinkyDoo Thu 16-May-13 22:22:36

Beautiful, articulate and compassionate woman. You have every right to brag, she's a star.x

TapselteerieO Thu 16-May-13 22:34:32

Brilliant blog.

Molly's poem too - wow!

marchduck Thu 16-May-13 23:53:04

So impressed, what an informative and thought provoking blog.

firawla Fri 17-May-13 14:44:45

It's a great blog, you should be really proud! smile

mumgoingcrazy Sat 18-May-13 16:15:05

I thought the blog was amazing, you are right to be proud.

Bluebirdonmyshoulder Sun 19-May-13 20:29:31

I feel very emotional after reading your lovely DD's blog. What an amazing woman you've raised.

Please thank her for me. I feel a million times more positive about bluchick's future knowing that there are people like your DD in the world.

thanks to her.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now