Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Do you have a Special Needs Trust for your child?

(8 Posts)
salondon Thu 16-May-13 15:58:04

This one thing I worry about day in day out. My daughter is non-verbal and I have no clue what her education and employment(if any) will look like. or am I getting ahead of myself because my daughter is 3?

zzzzz Thu 16-May-13 15:59:57

The cost of care is SO high that I doubt any trust I could put together would cover it.

StarlightMcKenzie Thu 16-May-13 17:06:20

I believe any spare money is used early to reduce the cost of the care needed later. I woukd put any spare cash into giving the best start you can tbh.

sickofsocalledexperts Thu 16-May-13 20:09:28

We have done trusts yes, but agree with Starlight that investment now is key as you just don't know at 3 how things are going to turn out. Youve got time for trusts later

dev9aug Thu 16-May-13 20:11:28

I wouldn't worry about a trust, Spend now and think of it as an investment which will pay off as progress for dc.

zzzzz Thu 16-May-13 21:07:51

I am considering leavening our house in trust, for ds to live in, to revert to his siblings when he dies.

zzzzz Thu 16-May-13 21:08:59

Leaving .... Sorry maddened by blog.

salondon Thu 16-May-13 21:35:31

Thanks everyone. She is an only child and will be(I know never say never). I am of the 'everything that is ours is hers' school of thought.

You guidance is very useful.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now