Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Advice about 1st DLA Renewal please

(3 Posts)
kats3 Wed 15-May-13 11:13:35

hi, I started receiving DLA this month for my son (MRC & LRM backdated to last September, after it was refused, then looked at again and accepted) and literally a week after I received the letter saying he is entitled, had another letter saying it stops Sept 13 and I have to claim again.

is this how it usually is for a renewal? a whole new form the same as the first one? (I know im probably being daft, but I just didn't expect it to be as daunting as the first one, or arrive this quickly.)

Also, do I fill it in now? (its not due until September, so things could change a lot by then) or wait until nearer the time? I have no idea how long they take to look at it.

any advice / experiences welcomed, as im completely new to this, and Sept 12 was the first time ive even tried to apply, mainly because I wasn't sure we qualify, and was terrified of the form!

PolterGoose Wed 15-May-13 11:50:51

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

kats3 Wed 15-May-13 20:55:44

thank you, at least that means I get a few months break before I go though it again, phew!! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now