Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

dd back in hospital-AGAIN

(8 Posts)
jenk1 Sun 21-May-06 21:35:41

yes, she went in again last night.
Convulsions/fittingand a high temperature.

They said she has tonsilitis, its the 3rd time in 2 months.

They wanted to admit her but when DH asked what they were going to do they said just observe and let her go in the morning so he said no, lets take her home and please give us some antibiotics that work this time.
We have been out and bought the same thermometer that they use in hospital as they have told us to keep a strict eye on her temperature.

Feel so ... annoyed, think its because we dont seem to be getting anywhere as to why this keeps happening, how many courses of antibiotics will she need?

Her immune system is so weak, dont know if this is because of CP or development delay or what and noone seems to know the answers, im ranting arent i?

Just needed to let off steam.

2shoes Sun 21-May-06 21:43:12

sorry to hear that awful when they are ill,
DD used to get lots of ear infections. I made sure she was seen by the ENT consultant as had a bad time with ds. He put her on prophylactic(not sure how you spell it) anti biotics(5ml a day) and did the trick. do you think this would help keep the infections at bay.
I do think cp does affect how they fight of infection at least in dd's case

chonky Sun 21-May-06 21:45:55

Jenk - really sorry to hear your news.
My dd is on prophylactic a/b's too - fingers crossed it's warding off the chest infections at the moment. I've also found that her taking echinacea and having a humidifier in her room have helped.
Hope she feels better soon.

reiver Mon 22-May-06 13:56:55

Sorry to hear this jenk. Once they're weak they just seem to go down with everything don't they, and tonsilitis is grim. I'm sure she is more settled at home in familar surroundings though. Hope she starts to improve soon.

reiver Mon 22-May-06 20:52:33

Sorry I was in a rush before. Really feel for you having experienced both the constipation saga and cycles of tonsilitis with DD.
Just wanted to say how much the Movicol worked here.... but on both, strangely. It took a short while to re-educate her digestive system but we found that her appetite & 'through-put' improved considerably and she put on weight. Suddenly last summer everyone was commenting on how much she'd grown! My personal theory is that her absorption of nutrients is better as a result of the effects of Movicol. Surprisingly the regular bouts of tonsilitis stopped too which was wonderful.
I know that doesn't help you much today while she's so poorly but just wanted to give you some glimmer of hope - it might work like that for you too.
Don't know what your little one is like as she recovers but we always go through what I call the 'digestive biscuit' phase as DD will eat little else for a couple of days which isn't ideal to build her up again of course. The pharmacist recommended a vitamin tonic "Minadex" which seems to work for her.

coppertop Mon 22-May-06 21:01:59

How is dd now, Jenk? I hope she's feeling better asap. xx

jenk1 Mon 22-May-06 21:14:21

she,s a bit better today CT thanks for asking

coppertop Mon 22-May-06 21:17:49

Hurray!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: