Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

I was shopping today

(7 Posts)
jenk1 Sun 21-May-06 18:07:51

in my local Morrisons supermarket and i heard a voice, i though "i know that voice" so set off to investigate.
Imagine my horror when from round the corner came the Consultant Psychologist from CAMHS that we had to complain about last year,- well i nearly fainted.

He looked at me, i looked at him, he looked at me and i turned my trolley around and set off down the next aisle, over the next half an hour a kept bumping into him but do you know what the funniest thing was?

He had 3 children with him and couldnt control them, all i could here was "do you want a fruitshoot,yoghurt,crisps" anything to get them to shut up, now this is remarkable as this is the man that suggested to us that not only did DS not have AS but that my dx was wrong and that it was all down to parenting skills!!!!

And there he is in the middle of Morrisons unable to control his own kids and resorting to blackmail.

Now then if i was psycho-analysing him i might say its down to his parenting skills the way his children behave!!!!

It just made me laugh

anniebear Sun 21-May-06 18:56:46

Oh that is funny!!!

joanna4 Sun 21-May-06 19:01:52

It made me smile too I see lots of people who all have good well meaning advice as part of my work I just smile and nod.I am sure some of them are good but most are very textbook.

jenk1 Sun 21-May-06 20:48:10

Dont think i remember seeing him with a text book in Morrisons ...snigger

cat64 Sun 21-May-06 21:03:10

Message withdrawn

jenk1 Sun 21-May-06 21:09:11

umm, but this "professional" was insinuating things to us as DS parents that werent correct and he was actually very insulting.

We have seen lots of professionals over the course of the last few years and this one was the only one who was very arrogant and insulting.
Just so you know as well that his superiors were very apologetic to us and said that lessons were to be learnt from the way us and DS were treated by this man.
When i saw him today i just thought Why dont you practice what you preach mate.

cat64 Mon 22-May-06 23:00:41

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: