Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

where do we fit?

(5 Posts)
misdee Sat 20-May-06 22:50:28

dd2 didnt get anywhere near a dx last week. feel a bit off if i go to SN group, but she is struggling in normal groups due to her speech delay and clumsiness. so where do we fit? how can i sit there in a group with musm of kdis with ASD, and CP, RETT etc, when my dd is just a bit quirky. we just dont fit anywhere.

2shoes Sat 20-May-06 23:00:09

funny I used to feel like that even though dd had a dx of cp. never felt i fitted in as she didn't seem like any of the other kids even the ones with cp. I am sure you won't be the only one at the group feeling like it

mixedemotions123 Sun 21-May-06 15:47:38

misdee, I know exactly how you feel. For the last 6.5 years we have been in the same position as we were told that ds had loads of traits of many things, but nothing diagnosed. He was finally dx as being ASD in Jan this year, and even now i still feel awkward at the prospect of going to meetings, parents groups etc.
Before the dx, I never contacted any form of support although it was reccommended by many professionals along the way. It is horrible being stuck in limbo and not knowing where or which way to go. Hope things get better for you soon.

Socci Sun 21-May-06 18:10:53

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

misdee Sun 21-May-06 20:46:18

socci, i have no idea tbh.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: