Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Two bits of good news!!

(11 Posts)
CouthySaysEatChoccyEggs Fri 10-May-13 11:13:24

DS2 was seen by the Orthotist. Bad news is that the three years since he stopped getting Piedro's, his feet have totally collapsed.

Good news is that he is going to be getting Piedro's again, AND orthotic inserts. They are trying to avoid splinting.

Good news two...THE COWBAG OF A SENCO IS FINALLY RETIRING!!!!

She fucked up DD's primary education by blaming me for her problems and refusing to help her - to the point that she apologised to me after DD left for Secondary when she taught my DS1.

She is currently fucking up DS2's education by illegally refusing to put him back in SA+, despite outside involvement.

But she will be gone in September!!!

Almost 9 blasted years of misery and fighting because she took an instant dislike to me because I had to fight to get DD help when she was a mid-year SEN transfer to that school and she took away all DD's help.

No more EP blocking, no more telling me that a writing slope for a severely hypermobile DC is 'stigmatising'.

Can I do a little happy dance?!

gringringringrin

PolterGoose Fri 10-May-13 11:45:45

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Icedcakeandflower Fri 10-May-13 11:49:39

Yayyy, happy for you.

I'll do a happy dance when my SENCO leaves too. Unfortunately I don't think it'll be for a while; although I think she looks like a 100 year old witch, apparently she's nowhere near retirement grin

Scottishdancer Fri 10-May-13 12:24:18

Me too, Very happy for you. I will do a happy dance when our lying SENCO leaves, but unfortunately don't think it will be anytime soon.

CouthySaysEatChoccyEggs Fri 10-May-13 12:27:10

She looked like methuselah 8.5 years ago when I moved here...

Extra good news - sort of - the MS preschool that the HV & SS want DS3 to attend, rather than the SN Nursery I had found, has written a letter detailing their issues surrounding DS3's difficulties with communication and his allergies, and the letter ended with the phrase "We agree with your statement that DS3's current needs would be better met at a Special Needs Nursery".

gringringringrin

So now to request a statement. Unofficially he sort of has one, but now I need to make it official with Education.

I'm going to stuff this letter at everyone at the next CIN meeting. Politely, of course...wink

CouthySaysEatChoccyEggs Fri 10-May-13 12:29:16

Seems to be a week of relatively good news in the Couthy household.

Lets hope next week, which includes a SenCo meeting at DD's Secondary, an appointment with the trainee SW, a dietician appt for DS3, and DS1's SATS goes just as well...

CouthySaysEatChoccyEggs Fri 10-May-13 12:33:59

Oh - and for some reason, DD is actually being...^HELPFUL^. confused

OK, she is still having major meltdowns whenever DS1 looks at her, breathes near her, or simply has the temerity to exist on the same planet as her, but she is being helpful with general simple household tasks that two weeks ago would have sent her into meltdown.

I just stopped asking her!!

I stopped asking her, deciding it was more hassle than it was worth to ask her to Hoover her bedroom and bring her washing down, as she would literally have a tantrum like a 2yo despite being 15.

This week she has hung washing on the line, thought about the weather and brought it in when it was going to rain, hoovered both her bedroom and the front room, AND washed up twice.

How is it that I stop asking and she starts doing?! confusedconfusedconfused

Does anyone else have any good news this week?

PolterGoose Fri 10-May-13 13:26:31

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

NoHaudinMaWheest Fri 10-May-13 14:38:17

Good to hear good news.
And such a relief when a hopeless or worse professional goes.

CouthySaysEatChoccyEggs Fri 10-May-13 14:43:07

Yep, Polter, it does...I'm going to make the effort to read up a bit more on PDA, maybe I can sort out lives out a bit by using those techniques.

MummytoMog Fri 10-May-13 16:33:51

My 3 yr old works better if we don't ask her to do things either - unfortunately there's not a whole lot she thinks to do herself! But getting dressed and going to the potty deffo work better now we've stopped asking her to do it and just let her get on with it smile

I hate our inclusivity co-ordinator. She sees me most mornings as I walk to the bus stop to work and always gives me a caring carrot smile [this is not the only reason I hate her].

My good news this week is that DD has started using the first person now and then (VERY EXCITING). Bad news is that she had a total meltdown when she got to nursery because we foolishly sent her bath hat in with her for show and tell (they needed a patterned item) and she wasn't allowed to immediately put it on her head, thus resulting in RAGE AND DESTRUCTION. The show and tell experiment may have come to an end. Normally we just pretend that we're terrible parents who can't be arsed to send anything in for S and T, but we'd been giving it a try for a couple of weeks, and once she even told them about Mr Dinosaur. But this week she destroyed part of her class room and threw a chair at the teacher, so maybe not.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now