Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Anxiety. Anyone medicating for this

(6 Posts)
Flappingandflying Thu 09-May-13 19:14:22

Have posted in sen chat but feeling very anxious as Flyingboy has had a bit of a week. This anxiety lark is getting in the way of his life. Does anyone medicate for this. I don't think he is depressed just has waves of uncontrolable anxiety. Anyone done anything homeopathic. help!!!

PolterGoose Thu 09-May-13 19:27:34

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

flowwithit Thu 09-May-13 19:40:06

How about trying something like rescue remedy. I think It doesn't matter if it's placebo so even homeopathy because if the taker thinks its working and it gives some control it helps anyway.

Flappingandflying Thu 09-May-13 20:02:44

Thanks. He's quite chilled a lot of the time but just has these mega bursts of heebie jeebies particularly at school. The school are fab but I'm worried he's going to carry on with this when he leaves and goes to college. So in. Way that's why we haven't gone to the GP before as its not all the time but I'm getting to the end of my tether with it now.

ToffeeWhirl Thu 09-May-13 20:15:43

My son (13) takes fluoxetine for OCD and a generalised anxiety disorder. It definitely takes the edge off, though it isn't a cure all. He wasn't able to leave the house before he was on the meds.

He also takes Rescue Remedy when he's anxious about going out. It helps because he believes it will help.

I wouldn't bother with homeopathy myself.

Davros Fri 10-May-13 09:06:41

Ditto what Toffeewhirl says but with Risperidone. Also agree that homeopathy is a waste of time. Also, for kids like my DS the placebo effect won't work as he couldn't understand anything about talkng it and believing it works.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now