Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

My DD has taken an istant dislike to her new one to one lady. :-(

(4 Posts)
mummyloveslucy Wed 08-May-13 20:58:33

Hi, my daughter is 8 years old and has SLD. She's been in mainstream school since last september, before that, she was home educated.
She had a lovely one to one lady, who has gone off sick for what could be a very long time. Lucy loved her. She had another lady who she also liked very much, but after a week, she left for a perminent job.
She now has an older lady who is the mother of one of the teachers. We've met her many times and think she's really nice. Lucy doesn't! She doesn't tell us much about why, only "she's strict" which could mean anything. She still likes school, but doesn't look forward to it as much now.
Is there anything we can do to change her mind? She can be extreamly stubborn (takes after her Dad) and if she doesn't like someone, that's it. It is rare that she takes a dislike to someone though.
To Lucy people and things are either good or bad, there's no inbetween in Lucy's eyes.

mummyloveslucy Wed 08-May-13 21:03:19

I should mention that although Lucy has SLD, her behavior in class is excellent. She is very keen to learn and is enthusiastic about most things. So it's not as if the teacher needs to be strict to keep her in line.

Home is another matter. wink

MareeyaDolores Wed 08-May-13 23:55:00

Maybe she isn't very smiley? Or maybe dd just misses the old one?

(Or a master of deception, and dd is right about her hmm)

I'd try and pump another dc in the class for information, they'll know what's really going on wink

mummyloveslucy Thu 09-May-13 16:07:23

That's a good idea! I'll ask one of the other girls. smile

She is actually a very good judge of charactor, better than me, so who knows. I think the older lady might be a bit old school for Lucy's liking.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now