Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

orthopedic/supportive sandals....any suggestions?

(14 Posts)
hazeyjane Wed 08-May-13 19:31:01

ds wears piedros, his feet are an odd size - 21 but very very wide, the size 21 doesn't go wide enough, so he has to wear a 22. They are very fat, rolled in and clenched if he doesn't wear shoes.

In the hot weather his feet tend to swell up, and he takes his boots off, and I can see where they have squeezed.

He has just started preschool and they are worried about him taking off his shoes. Then there is an enormous meltdown when I try to get the shoes back on!

I have emailed his physio, but in the meantime does anyone have any suggestions for an off the shelf sandal?

hazeyjane Wed 08-May-13 19:31:21

....thankyousmile!

ouryve Wed 08-May-13 19:35:16

How about some crocs to wear in pre-school, as slippers? I wear them around the house instead of slippers and they're quite supportive and stop my feet from rolling.

ouryve Wed 08-May-13 19:37:21

PLus, they're not ruined by sand/water/glitter/paint and all the other things that they get to bathe in at preschool.

(DS1's best stunt was leaping into the bath with all the paint trays that were being washed at the end of the day by some parent helpers - shoes, clothes and everything!)

mymatemax Wed 08-May-13 19:40:04

not off the shelf, but piedro do sandals.
Our NHS would not fund sandals, only boots when ds2 was little but you may be lucky of not they were about £60 (i think)

hazeyjane Wed 08-May-13 19:43:10

£60 eek!

I don't think he would be able to walk in crocs, he is pretty unsteady, and falls quite a bit.

Hmmmm, maybe if I paint some shoeson his feet, preschool wouldn't notice that he has taken his shoes off!

TheNinjaGooseIsOnAMission Wed 08-May-13 20:25:34

really not cheap but I've never found anything off the shelf that were sturdy enough for dd3. Our orthotics won't fund sandals so dd3 is stuck in big clumpy boots all year round. Paint may be the way to go grin If you're going to kidz south there's usually some shoe people there, there is another make I can't remember so will have a think.

TheNinjaGooseIsOnAMission Wed 08-May-13 20:38:15

fitzkidz and nimco although I doubt they'd work out cheaper

PolterGoose Wed 08-May-13 21:38:25

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

hazeyjane Wed 08-May-13 21:45:41

Thanks, I don't think we can afford the orthopaedic ones, as great as they'd be.

Good point about being barefoot at home, polter. Then we could keep his boots by the door for when he wants to play outside. I'll see if I can find some titchy crocs to try.

Tooloudhere Wed 08-May-13 22:03:50

Here you go
£25 and practically identical to piedros

http://www.viktorbuty.co.uk/en/16-profilaktyczne-

MareeyaDolores Thu 09-May-13 00:08:31

Wow. Love the girlie pink boot-sandals

pofacedlemonsucker Thu 09-May-13 04:57:48

Those shoes are amazing! Total bargain! What on earth is with the website though? It's been drinking... I've just tried to read how to measure my child's foot...

Tooloudhere Thu 09-May-13 07:17:58

I think you could say some of the info is lost in translation! I think an auto translator has been used.

Glad to see people have found it even though my link didn't work. They are a bargain aren't they. These are really good last year i got him the sandals as even though he doesn't walk he is meant to wear boots all the time and they get so hot in summer. Even the solid boots are good if you child does walk but want some extras for garden play etc.

Ps if your ds feet are really wide ask orthotics to try a different brand, ds had chalenco boots last time and they are more square shape which are better on is feet that appear to be as wide as they are long.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now