Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

meltdown crisis with aspie ds1, need hand holding

(8 Posts)
MrsShrek3 Tue 07-May-13 22:51:29

he says he wants to die. he's been screaming shaking and crying for an hour. now we are on to hyperventilating. he says his brain is broken.sad DH on the phone to him atm, from work. here's hoping something works soon.

DailyNameChanger Tue 07-May-13 23:18:39

Sounds horrid and a bit scary. Virtual hand holding here. It will pass, stay strong. No other advice, sorry, I have a 5 year old with the shouty variety of meltdown grin it's me who feels like hyperventilating when he's off on one.

MrsShrek3 Tue 07-May-13 23:22:29

he is starting to cry less. yes scary because he's 12 and intelligent so isn't just totally off-on-one and he's saying stuff that is worrying him to distraction. its the sort of stuff that the rest of us would barely even notice or certainly not get upset over but he can't filter it out so it becomes huge.

MrsShrek3 Tue 07-May-13 23:23:03

thank you for hand holding. much appreciated.

Ineedmorepatience Wed 08-May-13 08:01:46

Really feel for you all mrs shrek

Hope he managed to get some sleep sad

Is he being seen by camhs? If not maybe you should get the Senco or your GP to refer him.

PolterGoose Wed 08-May-13 08:19:05

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

MrsShrek3 Wed 08-May-13 23:06:37

he ran out of steam calmed down eventually. The wanting to die thing hasn't been around for a couple of years, yes afaik he is still open to CAMHS but we don't have regular appointments. He was dx by the psychiatrist there and as such has been left "on the books" so to speak. I have had debate over this in my mind all day but none the wiser tbh and wonder if I am over reacting as ds is so OTT when he does this, but totally fine the rest of the time. Also tried to discuss asd with ds and tiptoed round a new book I've got that might make more sense of things to him, but he won't really entertain the topic atm. hmm

MareeyaDolores Wed 08-May-13 23:50:05

Is it worth introducing the topic of panic attacks?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now