Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Ed psych for secondary placement

(4 Posts)
inappropriatelyemployed Mon 06-May-13 08:12:31

Who would you go for to help you decide on the appropriate secondary school placement?

Independent EP, maybe? Not LA one as they are not allowed to recommend a school to you. Bloody ridiculous, I know, but 'it's up to the parents to decide which school they want.' I'm sure it's to try to get most to opt for cheaper but socially more 'acceptable' MS. And if the placement goes tits up, it's the parents' fault.

StarlightMcKenzie Tue 07-May-13 13:26:51

An ed psych that knows lots of schools (usually expensive tribunal ones unfortunately).

I would do a FOI on your LA too and ask for them to give you the names and addresses of all schools that they currently fund children to attend, and whether they also fund transport there. Then you can possibly contact those schools and ask them for the name of the EP that their parents use.

You would have to reserve judgement on the information though as I suspect you are after a truly independent opinion, but it could be a good way to start.

inappropriatelyemployed Tue 07-May-13 20:42:58

Thanks, sorry, I should have said it was recommendations for independent EPs I was looking for based on recommendations from others.

I like your suggestion though Star.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: