Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

HE for 12yrs old ds advice please

(4 Posts)
flowwithit Sun 05-May-13 10:01:17

I looked at the home ed pages but they aren't very busy and I thought I might get more specific advice on HE here. Im clueless about HE!
We are hanging on with ds in school ASD diagnosis and LA just agreed to SA which also takes ages. I'm not sure how much longer to hang on and my ds is very unhappy. I'm worried about HE because he needs a lot of patience structure and guidance. I don't think I'd make a good teacher! I work pt from home mostly.
Are online schools good?
Do you teach your ds or have tutors? If so how many hour per week?
How much time does it take you to organise everything?
Can GCSE work be done HE and how are he exams done?
Can you recommend links or resources that I can read just in case I need to take him out of school?

Badvoc Sun 05-May-13 17:41:33

Check out some of the books on HE like free range education, how children learn and grow your own.
Amazon sell them, or you could ask your local library.

flowwithit Sun 05-May-13 17:43:04

Ok thanks I will have a look at that.

Widowwanky Tue 07-May-13 13:13:16

Pm me if you want and I'll give you some links to a couple of fab facebook groups but they are closed so I will need your name to get approval. I work from home and HE last year and it worked surprisingly well . There are lots of diffierent types of He and you can adapt or use whatever suits your child some are completely autonomous others a re more structured.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now