Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Moondog recommends this SN magazine

(4 Posts)
moondog Thu 02-May-13 18:59:30

SEN magazine

A lot of schools receive this magazine and there is a lot of information in it about different things going on in the world of SEN. It's not a heavy read at all and has no particular affiliation or leaning towards different approaches but I think it is really useful and well worth either subscribing to or asking your child's school about.

hazeyjane Thu 02-May-13 19:10:36

Thanks for the link, Moondog, I requested the free trial copy. Looks very interestingsmile

cansu Thu 02-May-13 19:11:14

Have just had a quick look and read a few articles. It is interesting. I think I remember seeing it on the senco's desk where I work. Shame it was never out in the staff room so that other teachers might read it!

moondog Thu 02-May-13 20:17:24

Quite!
I also think a lot of professionals forget that many parents are perfectly capable (and far more motivated) to get into stuff that is aimed primarily at professionals.
The same goes for catalogues. Why wait weeks and weeks for some hard pressed public sector drone to sort you out with something that has to be approved by a cast of thousands? Do it yourself.
These are all great catalogues and if you get on their mailing lists, they will send you several copies a year...forever!

Speechmark

Taskmaster

Learning Resources

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now