Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Moving schools with a statement when school year full.

(3 Posts)
supermum98 Thu 02-May-13 11:12:16

I have come to the end of my tether with my ds. secondary school, they are not meeting his needs. I have looked at another sec. and talked to Senco, and feel that it would suit him better, course wise and I feel that I could have a more open and supportive relationship with the Senco and his needs would be met better. I won't get transport, but I would be prepared to drive him there and back.
What are my chances?

bjkmummy Thu 02-May-13 11:20:49

I would say you have nothing to lose by making an approach to the LA - if you are happy to transport him then that reduces one issue. How it works with the year group being full I am not sure which is some thing you need to try and see. You can ask for a change of school - letter on IPSea website and they have 8 weeks to respond. I think if they then say no it could open up the right of appeal but double check that in case I've just dreamt it. Also maybe try and have a chat with IPSea to see what your options are. You could also ask for an early review if his statement but think the quickest way would be to do the request for a change of school.

MareeyaDolores Thu 02-May-13 20:56:39

Don't think statemented dc 'count' for the school's numbers. But if there physically isn't space in the classroom it could 'affect the efficient education' of other pupils.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now