Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Sudden disruptive behaviour ASD

(9 Posts)
CyrstalStar Wed 01-May-13 21:22:06

Sorry to keep posting but I find this site so helpful. My ds age 6 and half has never really been disruptive maybe a little bit of bad behaviour here and there. Recently his behaviour is running riot, he throws things at us, slams doors in our faces, destroys furniture, swears, kicks me to the point where Im nearly privately in tears. He just wants to cause havoc. His behaviour at school is excellent as he's quiet and not a problem but I'm wondering if its changing at home it may change at school too although he is petrified of being told off at school. He doesn't understand when I am cross with him. After half hours madness he calms down and goes back to being my little cherub again. Anyone else have this? Why is it only just now that this is happening, is this a normal thing for ASD boys? Anyone have any advice please really appreciated.

fanjoforthemammaries7850 Wed 01-May-13 21:25:32

No real answers..but interestingly my DD is also 6 and a half and has been behaving terribly the last couple of weeks,maybe it's an age thing.

HotheadPaisan Wed 01-May-13 21:31:25

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

CyrstalStar Wed 01-May-13 21:36:08

Thanks for your comments maybe it is an age thing and the play pillow fights is a great idea he would live that! I have been worries sick thinking this was life from now on. I try not to get cross with him as clearly he is not getting that and it doesnt help and then I start to see him getting stressed. Bless him I just want to help him I wish I know how. Thanks for replies

CyrstalStar Wed 01-May-13 21:37:35

Good luck with the medication hothead

HotheadPaisan Wed 01-May-13 21:41:40

HotheadPaisan Wed 01-May-13 21:43:06

crazeelaydee Wed 01-May-13 21:45:48

May be something or not but I have noticed a change in my Ds's behavior too, as far as I can see there has only been 2 changes in his surroundings 1) clocks went forward so lighter nights, lighter mornings. 2) warm sunny weather. My Ds doesn't like the sun it hurts his eyes and I have to monitor his temperature for him and offer more drinks.....otherwise he gets too hot or will go all day without a drink. He has been coming out of school like a beetroot and I have had to chat to his teacher about reminding him to take his jumper off. Also he tends to go by how dark it is outside for his bedtime....He just doesn't do clocks!

CyrstalStar Wed 01-May-13 22:09:21

Amazingly my son didn't comment that it wasn't dark when going to bed. Bed is another issue that has changed always needed ultra clingy routine and saying good night in a certain way etc but lately he just won't stay in bed but I know non ASD children can be the same too, he thumps loudly on the floor chucks the washing basket down the stairs and screams mum at the top of his voice now. One demand after another but when he is asleep he looks like an angel.
Hothead I like your techniques I'm thinking of getting a trampoline too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now