Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

OT for my 15 year old

(5 Posts)
hoxtonbabe Wed 01-May-13 20:44:07

Hi,

This is new territory for me, however, as the LEA and school are playing silly as per usual, I need to get myself ready and as he has NEVER been assessed by an OT, other than when i have taken DS to independent schools for an assessment and did a mini OT assessment on him, I think its best (given the results) I have a full one done.

I am in London, but willing to travel. Any suggestions please??

HB

hoxtonbabe Wed 01-May-13 20:45:51

Sorry, forgot to say, his issues are mainly handwriting and spacial awareness (???) tying shoelaces, the fine motor things apparently

mrslaughan Wed 01-May-13 21:50:29

Dimitrios at hopscotch therapy, Harley st, London.

DS is 8 and has made amazing progress with him.

Also have seen older kids at the practice.

hoxtonbabe Thu 02-May-13 08:13:31

Thanks..will look into it.

bjkmummy Thu 02-May-13 11:24:22

I've sent you a on but mine was from Derbyshire. My son is 9 and was never assessed by an OT so decided to get him assessed. I opened the biggest can of worms as his OT needs were huge and had been completely ignored. He now has OT in his statement and its pretty conclusive and now he is also in an independent school partly as he needs to have access to an OT more or less all of the time. My OT report was the best money I have ever spent. Do you think he may have difficulties in sensory intregration? If so make sure your OT is suitably qualified to do the assessments for that as well.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now