Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Losing the will....

(8 Posts)
Hallybear79 Sun 28-Apr-13 21:29:50

I've had the weekend from hell with my DS1. His negative behaviour has been extreme & constant & it's just about finished me off today. I ended up getting in my car & driving to a carpark where i sat & sobbed for half an hoursad
I've got no more strength or patience left. I look at him & feel anger & frustration.....& then guilt. Everyday is a battle & things just seem to be getting worse as time goes by. Will it always be like this???sad

PolterGoose Sun 28-Apr-13 21:54:22

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

PolterGoose Sun 28-Apr-13 21:56:24

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

dietstartstmoz Sun 28-Apr-13 22:18:55

Sympathy OP-our ds2 has driven me batty this weekend. Sometimes its too much and some days are intolerable. That and rarely getting a break. Now sitting here with a baileys and had a long bath to try and destress. Dont feel too bad I think we all have times when its all too much. Do you get any help or a break at all? How old is your ds?

Hallybear79 Sun 28-Apr-13 22:44:18

He's 5. My DS has been brilliant with him, but at the moment i'm the bad guy. My son seems to really hate me & his dad can do no wrong & it's starting to come between us.

dietstartstmoz Sun 28-Apr-13 23:01:19

Our DS is also 5, and he can be so challenging sometimes. I know how hard it is to maintain a relationship, we have had some very bad times between us but we are still here, although I was not always sure we would be. Having a SN child is so incredibly hard on a relationship, and we all cope differently, but we do know what it's like on here, so do post when you need to. Hope this coming week is a little easier for you.

Hallybear79 Mon 29-Apr-13 10:08:44

Thanks for listening. No one else can really understand unless you have a child with SN. It is a very lonely place, but thank god for Mumsnet, it's got me through a lot. So sick of hearing "he'll grow out if it" or "our so & so is just the same", NO THEY ARE NOT!!angry it's going to take everything I've got to pick myself up & function. I've managed the school run but have sat on the sofa still in my coat ever since.

popgoestheweezel Mon 29-Apr-13 15:32:47

Sorry to hear you're having a rubbish time ATM. We all have days when we feel like that. I can totally identify with sitting on the sofa still in your coat, by 9.30 you can feel like you've done 10 rounds with mike Tyson! It is very, very draining.
I had to listen to a lot of 'he's very young' and 'let's not be negative' but you just have to ignore the advice and the platitudes and go with your instincts. My ds is now seven though so there is a lot less of that now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now