Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Politician's husband

(8 Posts)
inappropriatelyemployed Sat 27-Apr-13 22:03:44

Did you see it? They have a son with Asperger's? Quite an interesting and realistic portrayal until the dad (David Tennant) seems to be able to just open the car door and drop the boy off at the busy, thronging, seemingly mainstream school gate every morning as the bell is being rung.

I wish!

bjkmummy Sat 27-Apr-13 22:30:53

made me smile with them ringing the handbell to tell the children to go in - my son would absolutely freak if they did that

inappropriatelyemployed Sun 28-Apr-13 09:59:37

Exactly what I said! Did you spot the ASD instantly? It will be interesting to see how they develop it.

StarlightMcKenzie Sun 28-Apr-13 11:37:23

No. What channel?

I'd like to make a film. It would be very different. More like 'coma' probably.

Sunnymeg Sun 28-Apr-13 11:54:13

BBC2 Thursdays. It is on iplayer at the moment. Be warned, apparently next weeks episode has a very unpleasant scene involving the parents.

I can remember DS doing the same thing when he was about 3, there were roadworks and we had to go a different way to his godmother's. I ended up stopping outside a shop whose owner I knew and asked him to come out and help me restrain DS. He has rocked so much that the car seat had come out of the isofix fastening. Thank goodness I had him in the back of the car!

cornyderpy Mon 29-Apr-13 22:41:53

we spotted it when he was talking about airports (was it?) in the car and he randomly sang 'Ruby, Ruby, Ruby' rather than engage with his Dad. He was wearing his own clothes though wasn't he, so I thought SS?

The dropping off at school should at least have had him climbing through the seats into the boot. Then the teacher or TA would have to come out to convince him to go in, while his Dad twitched as he had a meeting he had to be at.
<or maybe that's just my life!>

AnotherAlias Tue 30-Apr-13 10:46:55

I did wonder about the bell, but it seemed to be a very small school - way too small to be a mainstream in London. You couldn't see the size of the whole school, but I was under the impression the kids were all going through the front entrance - which you couldn't manage if you have 600+ on roll which any 3-form entry school would have. There were people just milling around - presumably in most mainstream schools, they line up in the playground/

ApplePippa Tue 30-Apr-13 11:08:02

Spotted it very quickly when he was talking fanatically about airports when upset, and then dived into the tent set up in his room. I thought, oooh, autism, written by someone who seems to have a reasonable idea about behaviours and safe spaces!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now