Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Consequences of changes to SEN funding?

(3 Posts)
Niceweather Sat 27-Apr-13 10:57:46

Just wondering if anyone has seen any changes yet? I have heard of TAs being made redundant. (Also posted in Education).

messmonster Sat 27-Apr-13 14:59:26

Hi Niceweather my DD needs FT 1:1 and the school she is attending is going to reshuffle existing TA staff to provide that with the consequence that, from next academic year, they won't have a dedicated full time 1:1 per class.

If they weren't getting my DD and the Statement funding (20 hours and they're funding 12.5 themselves) they would have been reducing TA hours. As it is, I think they're keeping the same number of TAs on their existing hours but reallocating them.

Hope that make sense. There's been lots of talk at the school about how, as a rural school in a relatively affluent area, they're really struggling with the new budget criteria.

notapizzaeater Sat 27-Apr-13 16:46:06

Our school are reducing the TAs in classes and trying to keep the TAs with the SEN kids, again affluent rural area - our shool is down about 40k

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now