Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

DLA claim - is this a good sign?

(11 Posts)
Bluebirdonmyshoulder Fri 26-Apr-13 12:17:01

I've received a letter from DWP saying that I've been appointed bluechick's 'Appointed Person' for DLA and it lists my responsibilities, 'if Miss Bluechick is awarded DLA...' [my bold].

However if they were going to reject our claim then I assume they wouldn't bother sending this letter. So is this a good sign? Has anyone else had this?

busybob Fri 26-Apr-13 12:33:19

i had the same letter received my dla award three days later

PolterGoose Fri 26-Apr-13 12:37:02

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Bluebirdonmyshoulder Fri 26-Apr-13 12:45:39

Ok good! Thanks all.

wasuup3000 Fri 26-Apr-13 13:43:26

If you give them a call they maybe able to tell you if they have made a decision or not yet - worth a try anyway.

Dinkysmummy Fri 26-Apr-13 15:53:43

I called when I got that same letter and they had awarded and told me over the phone what she was awarded and how much back dated I was getting and when!

Defo phone them!

hazeyjane Fri 26-Apr-13 16:06:30

I got the same letter and then ds's claim was turned down.

Dinkysmummy Fri 26-Apr-13 16:09:02

Wow that is the first time I heard someone who got turned down after the letter sad

pannetone Fri 26-Apr-13 16:33:57

Make it a second time Dinkysmummy - I got turned down for my DS after getting that letter. sad But got the letter for DD (at about the same time - their claims went in together) and she was awarded DLA. So I would say it just means IF you are awarded DLA...

Anyway you don't have to 'give up' if you don't 'get through' at this stage. There's reconsideration next and then an appeal at tribunal - which is what we're waiting for for DS. I'm still hopeful that the Tribunal will award DLA as I'm taking it that no one has considered our claim properly so far!

hazeyjane Fri 26-Apr-13 16:35:07

I do wonder whether My claim was fucked up, either that or we were very unlucky!

I sent. Letter asking for reconsideration and he was awarded high rate within the week!

chocjunkie Fri 26-Apr-13 18:33:07

snap - got the letter and were turnef down (but awarded HRC on appeal).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now