Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Does CAMHS share info with LA

(8 Posts)
flowwithit Fri 26-Apr-13 09:48:41

We have our first appointment in a couple of weeks and Ds is having his SA at the moment. Do LA get report from CAMHS?

claw2 Fri 26-Apr-13 09:57:23

Yes

claw2 Fri 26-Apr-13 09:58:21

If you name them

flowwithit Fri 26-Apr-13 10:25:03

Thanks that's good hopefully it will help then

claw2 Fri 26-Apr-13 10:57:22

What i did was ask CAMHS to put something in writing for me. Then i submitted it myself as part of my evidence.

As they hadnt written any reports at that time, i wanted to be sure that it would be helpful to me.

StarlightMcKenzie Fri 26-Apr-13 11:52:46

Personally, I would ask CAHMS to respect patient confidentiality and NOT share information unless you have firstly seen this information and expressly given consent.

You don't want discussions going on that you can't be a part of, and honestly, there are so many genuine (and a few malicious) cock-ups I'd want to make sure that information being passed around was correct.

flowwithit Fri 26-Apr-13 14:30:00

Thanks I didn't know if I could ask for that. I will ask, It's a good idea to know what's going on behind the scenes.

sweetteamum Fri 26-Apr-13 17:21:17

Wish I'd of asked Camhs to send to me to allow me to forward on. Although she only ever sent info to 3rd parties after asking my permission.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now