Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

How do you deal with autistic traits?

(2 Posts)
CheifKeith Wed 24-Apr-13 14:26:24

Ds has some odd quirks in his behaviour. Most of the time he is fine. He gets very obsessive with things. At the moment this is his clothes. He will only wear one outfit and has a total meltdown if it
isnt clean
He doesn't seem to understand when I try and reason with him. He is also really struggling at school. They say they are giving him additional support but he is very behind. The school aren't concerned but I am.
They don't really agree that he has autistic traits and I have been made to feel like its all in my head at times but his behaviour is not normal.
There has been a horrible amount of stress for him over the last week and his behaviour has changed s a consiquence.
Last night he had a meltdown because I wouldn't let him eat his dinner in the living room. When I finally calmed him down and got him to eat he was sobbing about school and how his brain is rubbish and hurts. I hate seeing him like this.

PolterGoose Wed 24-Apr-13 14:37:09

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now