Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Another DLA success

(5 Posts)
PolterGoose Wed 24-Apr-13 11:19:33

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Dinkysmummy Wed 24-Apr-13 11:23:35

Would have loved to see the victory dance! grin

That's great news!

sweetteamum Wed 24-Apr-13 11:32:57

and so you should PolterGoose, that's fantastic. I was very relieved that I wouldn't be doing one for another 5 years grin

pannetone Wed 24-Apr-13 12:41:14

Great news! Well done - great you won't have to do the form again for 6 years.

I am reading these threads hoping that my DS3's claim will 'come right'. I made it last April (well that is the date I phoned for the form, didn't get it in til the end of the 6 week deadline!) but it was refused first, then again on the reconsideration and now I am waiting for the tribunal appeal date.

In the meantime got DLA low rate mobility and medium care for DD whose form went in at the same time. She has selective mutism and is being assessed for ASD. DS3 has anxiety and now an ASD (HFA) diagnosis - made last November and report sent to the DLA people - but they still sent the claim to appeal.sad

I can't really get why DD was awarded both mobility and care and DS3 nothing. It seems like his anxiety - which is mainly how his ASD presents - doesn't 'count for anything' - which 'just' leaves us with the sensory sensitivites and very restricted diet.hmm Which sometimes feels just how the school regard his diagnosis - he is 'fine' because he is doing well academically and has no disruptive behaviour, ignoring his social difficulties and his reluctance (some mornings refusal) to go into school.

PolterGoose Wed 24-Apr-13 13:06:04

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now