Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Just phoned DLA and...

(22 Posts)
Dinkysmummy Mon 22-Apr-13 11:01:11

dinky has been awarded mid rate care and low rate mobility!

Wow! Now I can pay for her SN group trips and sort out getting her some sensory bits!

Wow...

Sorry in shock...

pannetone Mon 22-Apr-13 11:24:16

Great news! Well done! grin

starfish71 Mon 22-Apr-13 11:45:44

Really good news! Well done smile

Galena Mon 22-Apr-13 13:35:55

Fab news! smile

popgoestheweezel Mon 22-Apr-13 13:44:05

Well done!
You don't yet have a diagnosis do you? Did you get a professional to give their views on the form? I was thinking I should wait til we get confirmed diagnosis (only 4 weeks now)

zumbaleena Mon 22-Apr-13 13:52:59

fab news dinky mummy...i have been waiting for more than 6months now...

Dinkysmummy Mon 22-Apr-13 14:04:50

No dinky doesn't have a diagnosis or even seen the paediatrician yet.
I have paperwork from the senco and play therpaist plus the CAF report which I photocopied as well as her school/home diary and 2 weeks behaviour diary which I sent in with the form.
I didn't think I would get it, but it is done on care needs rather than diagnosis (although I'm betting dx helps).

I've only waited a few weeks (they received my form 28/03/2013) zumbaleena I would definitely contact them!

I am seriously considering getting a private OT assessment done with the backdated money.

NoHaudinMaWheest Mon 22-Apr-13 14:06:51

Great news Dinkymummy.

OhWouldYouJust Mon 22-Apr-13 14:13:26

Fab news smile

We also heard today that dd with currently un dx ASD has been awarded HRC!!

No mobility but we are appealing that as her sensory issues mean she crumbles outdoors and will not walk sad fight on my hands for that I think...

Congrats again dinkysmummy grin

popgoestheweezel Mon 22-Apr-13 14:21:02

If I request the forms now will i have 6 weeks to fill them in and the money will be dated from request of form?
Can you tell me about the caf form too- what exactly is the point of it?

Dinkysmummy Mon 22-Apr-13 14:22:01

Good luck ohwouldyou with getting the mobility...

Dinkysmummy Mon 22-Apr-13 14:27:29

Yes pop money will be backdated to date of the request of the form.
The CAF was done by the school
1) to try and get CAMHS to see dinky quicker
2) because the school had no idea of what to do with her
3) it is supposed to produce TAC meetings so we can all do what is best for dinky (by we I mean, school, me, play therapist, family link worker who we haven't met yet)
Interestingly a lot was put on the form by the school with regards to Dinky's issues. So it only helped when trying to prove that dinky needed more care than the average 5 yo.

PolterGoose Mon 22-Apr-13 14:38:23

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

popgoestheweezel Mon 22-Apr-13 14:45:18

School have suggested a caf for us but dh not keen. I don't know what to think myself

popgoestheweezel Mon 22-Apr-13 14:45:49

Ds certainly needs a hell of a lot more support than the average 7yo!

Dinkysmummy Mon 22-Apr-13 15:59:34

pop
With the CAF I would find out why they want to do it and how they believe it would benefit you as a family and your DS.

I'm sure your DS does need more support than the average 7 yo, and I'm sure the DLA will see it the same way.

Any info about your DS's needs, especially from school, or other places send it in. Photocopy and send!
I think I sent 20-30 extra bits of paper, risk assessment the lot!
I actually feel for the person who had to go through it all! Especially the form as my handwriting is awful!

It is well worth doing, it can open the door to so much more. I was lucky to get her in the sn group without being on DLA.

Reecieroo Mon 22-Apr-13 16:44:59

As fab news smile

I was turned down and asked for a reconsideration which resulted in reports being sent from school and gp, I'm just hoping this is a good sign that they are looking into it...... Reports were sent back last week so lets hope I get a good decision??!!

I live in hope as like you would love to get some sensory bits and get the back garden safe and nice to get him outdoors (rather than him watching the same chapter on cars 2 over and over again!)

Xx

Reecieroo Mon 22-Apr-13 16:45:19

Awww fab news not as lol :/ xx

Dinkysmummy Mon 22-Apr-13 16:56:09

I will keep my fingers crossed for you reecieroo

whtsmum Mon 22-Apr-13 17:08:05

I sent my DLA forms last week prior to diagnosis, since diagnosed with ASD, phoned them to let the know. Sent in reports from school, and consultants reports prior to ADOS test. Also diagnosed with hypermobility. Hope we stand a chance of getting it, we'v suffered for 5yrs of him just being a naughty boy, so just to get the diagnosis is great. Hope to get a yes like you.

Dinkysmummy Mon 22-Apr-13 17:31:30

Will keep my fingers crossed whtsmum

It is horrible when your child just gets labeled naughty. Dinky had that same problem at her old school. I'm hoping she won't get that label at her new school. She is only 5 and still in Yr R.

ouryve Mon 22-Apr-13 18:36:00

Great news!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now