Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Family Fund - first application

(5 Posts)
CwtchesAndCuddles Sun 21-Apr-13 19:20:55

Just about to apply for a grant, can anyone give me an idea of what value they were awarded on their first claim?

FamilyFundofficial Mon 22-Apr-13 10:08:53

Hi,
We treat each application individually so it does vary, however on average, we can award up to £500 towards essential items such as kitchen appliances, computers, tablets and family breaks.
You can find out more on our website familyfund.org.uk
Thanks
Family Fund

autumnsmum Mon 22-Apr-13 11:32:23

Thanks I have just applied as well as my dcs have broken our sofa

Galena Mon 22-Apr-13 13:39:33

What sort of thing would they help with? People keep telling me we should apply, but I have no idea what to apply for. Don't need an iPad or a holiday which is pretty much all anyone has suggested...

newfreshstart Mon 22-Apr-13 13:57:34

I was told that they're willing to be more generous with first time awards, so you should apply for the highest cost items with your first application as you might not get it with subsequent awards.

They did a driving lesson package when I claimed, which was worth a lot more than anything else I would have asked for, so that's what I put for my first application (it didn't help though, as it only offered a fixed no. of lessons and as I have dyspraxia/anxiety I needed longer to learn so I never have passed my test!)

Their holiday packages don't suit us either but we've applied for a laptop and Xbox in the past, plus funds for days out. I know others who have applied for a trampoline too. We were turned down for a bed for DS though as they said I could apply to the social fund for one (not sure if they'd be more willing to fund furniture now as the social fund has changed).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now