Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

2 year old with probable ASD picky eating.

(5 Posts)
JustPondering Sun 21-Apr-13 15:39:38

DS2 is down to about 5 actual foods that I know he will eat without fail, they are cheerios, weetabix, chips, chicken nuggets, toast and grapes. He will eat most fruits but only when he wants to really, he will sometimes eat mashed potato mashed sweet potato. He will sometimes eat yoghurt. He wants to just eat chocolate and crisps all day long but they are not very good for him and he has started to develop hives after eating digestive biscuits and belvita breakfast biscuits so he can't have them and they are the only biscuits he likes

How on earth can I make him eat a healthy diet, he cries all day and leads me to the snack cupboard to get snacks and has a tantrum if he doesn't get it. His speech therapist has made him a little board with 3 snacks on everyday that he can have but it isn't working. It doesn't help that he can't understand much. Not giving him the snacks doesn't help either, he will just not eat and scream. Up to a couple if months ago he would eat everything.

JustPondering Sun 21-Apr-13 15:46:04

Almost forgot he also will eat pasta and the odd fish finger.

PolterGoose Sun 21-Apr-13 16:54:29

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

JustPondering Sun 21-Apr-13 17:25:15

We already use best of both bread so that's good I guess, and he is getting a bit from most food groups but I can't help worrying. He currently has a cold and is quite rashy and I wonder if it is down to his diet as he lives mostly on snacks.

He is a bit of a shock as I have 2 other boys also with special needs who eat everything in sight, so I presumed DS2 would be the same.

I may ask to see a dietician and I also need to get him tested for allergies as he gets hives from his biscuits but I am worried they will say it is the wheat he is sensitive to and I will have to stop feeding him weetabix which is one of the healthiest things he eats at the moment.

PolterGoose Sun 21-Apr-13 18:04:52

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now