Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Does it get easier?

(9 Posts)
Crawling Sun 21-Apr-13 12:25:49

I have appointments every day this week its so tiring will the appointments die down a bit?

bigbluebus Sun 21-Apr-13 19:06:36

They do die down, but even when there are fewer people to see, the appointments seem to have the knack of all coming along at once and then none at all for months!

DD was born at the end of October more years ago than I care to admit and I remember having 3 appointments for assessments in the 3 days running up to Christmas that year - like we'd got nothing better to do!

StarlightMcKenzie Sun 21-Apr-13 19:09:29

Well not all appointments are equal. Don't bother with the ones that you can see no evidence of their benefit. An appointment with you at home would be far better of your use of that time.

zzzzz Sun 21-Apr-13 19:32:33

They used to come in gluts, but I can't tell you if they get naturally less or we just got arsey er.

auntevil Sun 21-Apr-13 22:09:10

What is it about appointments all coming at the same time. You can wait for months and months for a particular consultant, and then they send you an appointment that clashes with one of the other DSs appointments - different hospitals.

armani Sun 21-Apr-13 22:36:20

Hi, I know how u feel, the last few weeks have been a blur of appointments! I've had pead appt, senco appt, salt appts, ot appts, physio appts for dd and salt and audio appts for ds. Trying to squeeze in my dental appt has been a nightmare! Also arranging childcare for dd2 has been hard.
For us it doesn't seem to be getting any easier either. This week I have 2 appts with salt, 1 with OT and 1 with EP!

Crawling Mon 22-Apr-13 07:42:15

Thanks Its so hard sometimes then I feel guilty as I knkw some people would give their right arm to get help.

SallyBear Mon 22-Apr-13 09:40:52

In my experience they seem to be holiday driven. I think that they think that they're doing you a favour, but sometimes you just have to be ruthless and rearrange non essential ones to suit you. Saying that we've got a genetics appointment at 1.30 next week which won't give me enough time to drive back to our town for the school run! Juggling childcare is a prerequisite. grin

hazeyjane Mon 22-Apr-13 10:11:59

We are going through an appointment tsunami at the moment - 3 last week, 3 this week, 2 the week after that. They always seem to clash with the school run, have sorted out Weds clash, but can't find anyone to pick up dds on Thurs, an appointment is at 2.55 - perfect timing!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now