Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Not a SN thread but can't post in normal forum

(10 Posts)
lisad123everybodydancenow Sat 20-Apr-13 00:32:22

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

AmberLeaf Sat 20-Apr-13 00:35:09

Oh that's awful sad

What age/yr group are they?

Did you know the girl well?

lisad123everybodydancenow Sat 20-Apr-13 00:38:57

AmberLeaf Sat 20-Apr-13 00:51:24

Yes, best not to make it too identifying.

Awful.

When I was about that age a girl in my yr group died unexpectedly and traumatically.

On the day we went back to school we were all allowed to be together in the 6th form common room [we weren't 6th formers] I know that our school had sought advice from bereavement counsellors on how to deal with the situation.

They advised us being able to be together and just 'be' I suppose and talk.

I expect your school will do similar?

Icedcakeandflower Sat 20-Apr-13 07:13:53

sad

When I was 14, a friend died from leukaemia. She'd been having time on and off for a while so when we didn't see her for two weeks, thought nothing of it.

One morning the principal came to my class and called a group of her friends to her room. She broke the news and read from John Chapter 11 v25 (it was a church school). To this day it's the only verse from the Bible I can quote.

My group of friends were then given permission to leave school and visit the girl's parents. It really helped.

So sorry x

PolterGoose Sat 20-Apr-13 07:58:37

sweetteamum Sat 20-Apr-13 08:15:53

So sorry to hear that. Thoughts go out to her family and friends x

bigbluebus Sat 20-Apr-13 10:28:17

That is sad news lisa. Monday will be a tough day for all flowers

cornydash Sat 20-Apr-13 10:29:46

that's so sad sad flowers

auntevil Sat 20-Apr-13 10:34:17

Thoughts are with everyone affected.
When I was at secondary one of the older girls that helped our class died of sudden death syndrome. I can still remember her face more than 30 years later, she was a beautiful girl.
I check my own DSs every night and every morning to check their breathing. Wen DS1 is late getting up, and doesn't answer, I check his breathing.
I can't think of anything worse that could happen than losing one of your babies. sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now