Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Private SALT report for probable tribunal

(4 Posts)
sweetteamum Fri 19-Apr-13 21:19:32

I am going to ask the same SLT to assess dd, but state I'd like a fully detailed version.

Is there anything in particular that I should suggest he puts in there?

We are going for indi special school and up to now proposed statement has SALT therapy in parts 5/6, which I obviously need to insist is moved to parts 2/3

beautifulgirls Sat 20-Apr-13 12:39:53

Just let him know that this is what you are trying to acheive as it will be easier for him to back up his report to highlight the benefits of the move if it is written with this in mind in the first place. If he is experienced in tribunals he will already know how to go about doing this, if not experienced then consider if you really want a report from him or perhaps someone else instead? You need to be looking at all the reasons why mainstream school will not suit your DD even with proper support in place.

nennypops Sat 20-Apr-13 12:40:13

He needs to give his view of the nature of dd's difficulties and advise on specific and detailed provision to meet those difficulties, saying why. He should also advise on the type of school, again giving reasons. If you're going for a residential school, he needs to consider whether there is an educational need for SALT outside the normal school day and a waking day curriculum.

sweetteamum Sat 20-Apr-13 21:40:18

Thank you both very much. At what point should I be approaching him with all these details, would you say?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now