Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

anyone know the name of the form they use as a test for aspergers please?

(8 Posts)
gigglinggoblin Mon 15-May-06 19:58:57

have just had a very stressful meeting at school with ed psy, senco and class teacher. xp caused as much trouble as he could would like to go through form myself but cant find it on google (thought it was called 'cars' or something)

gigglinggoblin Mon 15-May-06 20:35:03

please people, the lying git has made things very difficult and i am really wound up about it

AttilaTheMeerkat Tue 16-May-06 09:32:18

There is a Connors test but others with more knowledge should be able to assist in this regard.

How old is your child, does he/she have a Statement in place?. What led up to the meeting?

Is your xp in denial that his child has special educational needs?. Why was he acting like a git?.

Would also suggest you contact the National Autistic Society (www.nas.org.uk) if you have not already done so.

HTH

coppertop Tue 16-May-06 09:56:34

I've heard of a CARS and a DISCO test but don't know how relevant they are to what you are looking for.

gigglinggoblin Tue 16-May-06 13:05:05

hurrah! replies! its not the connors test, we have been given that aswell but more to rule things out than to prove things

have now been stewing about this overnight and am starting to wonder if xp is in denial... its difficult to tell because he always says the opposite to me and he did tell several lies (which i absolutely know were lies). i thought it was the cars test we did, but it was at the end of the meeting and as it took 3 hours (i was expecting 30 mins - 1 hr) everyone was in a bit of a rush, i wanted to read through it and do it again with the answers me and the teachers gave, excluding what xp said

ds is 7, i have applied for a statement after a year of him being a step below that on the sn register (dont know why school didnt do it) and this meeting is so the ed psy can do a report saying what she thinks. the school part time sn teacher (who wasnt there) has suggested aspergers, my friend who has worked with autistic/AS kids for years has suggested it, the ed psy did not rule it out (was v diplomatic), all the reading i have done points to aspergers. we did the cars as it is supposed to indicate AS if you get a score over 30. if it was just me and his teacher it would have been, but xp denied there were any problems in his view so we had to subtract points for his opinion and it ended up under 30. then at the end he had a bit of a rant cos he thought i had called the meeting so i could change school or something which was not the case, so i think he was trying to make a point which was completely irrelevant

am very fed up with fighting school

will try nas and googling cars and disco again, thank you

Blossomhill Tue 16-May-06 16:13:48

GADStest

This is commonly used for Aspergers dx.

HTH

gigglinggoblin Tue 16-May-06 16:23:47

thanks bloss, i have found the cars one aswell so i will get dp to do that tonight and have a google to see if i can find the whole gads one online. bit less stressed now after ranting a bit

MrsEff Thu 18-May-06 10:01:00

yes- conners test is for ADHD...
our paed uses the DISCO test (The Diagnostic Interview for Social and Communication Disorders)....

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: