Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

So pleased DS says 'ear hurting'.

(8 Posts)
someoneoutthere Fri 19-Apr-13 18:18:16

DS 7 woke up last night around 4am and came to our room and said 'ear hurting, ear scary, let's go to the doctor'. All day at school he said the same thing to his 1:1, so took him to the doctor this afternoon and turns out he has ear infection. We are so pleased that he is able to tell us something was wrong and he needed to see the doctor. He made the connection that doctors make you feel better. He is tucked in bed with fever, but we can't stop feeling happy. I am sure you guys will understand why.

Merguez Fri 19-Apr-13 19:54:40

Pleased for you.

MareeyaDolores Fri 19-Apr-13 21:30:46

That's brilliant!!!!

used2bthin Fri 19-Apr-13 21:34:19

I completely understand this, my dd who is six is only just getting to be able to do this and not reliably- just got out of hospital yesterday after she had a kidney infection and burst ear drum amongst other things and she would say no if the doctors asked does anywhere hurt!

It makes life a lot easier if they can communicate something like that and its real progress.

RinkyDinkyDoo Fri 19-Apr-13 21:39:42

Sorry your DS has a poorly ear, but marvelous he could actually tell you. Good stuff.x

someoneoutthere Sat 20-Apr-13 15:51:51

Thank you everyone, I knew you guys will understand the joy. We were amazed when DS told us it was his left ear that was hurting. His speech has been improving, but this is the best so far.

Used2bthin, DS would not let the doctor go anywhere near him a year ago, but he actually asked to go to the doctor this time and let the doctor do all the test. There has been a huge change in him since he turned 7. It's really brilliant that your DD is starting to express herself, hope she continues to improve. Sorry to hear about her kidney infection and burst ear drum though, it sounds scary.

My DS (13) still tends to say 'fine' when asked how he is, even when really poorly, so well done your DS!

used2bthin Sat 20-Apr-13 21:42:27

Thanks someoneoutthere hope you Ds gets well soon too. We were lucky her doctor (at hospital) knows her well so noticed she was flinching when she examined her back. The ear I found her pressed against the wall but she did say mummy my ear pop now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now