Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Tax credits and the disabled child element.

(11 Posts)
LadyMaryQuiteContrary Fri 19-Apr-13 12:54:07

Does it really take them 6 weeks to process this? shock I called to update our details, they asked when we were notified and the date when the award started and said it would take 6 weeks to process and they would call if they needed anything. Why so long? Do they think I'm lying? sad

Icedcakeandflower Fri 19-Apr-13 14:40:29

Hi LadyMary, I was quoted 6 weeks for my ds last year. I believe it's their standard response smile.

I quite like having to wait because ds ends up with a tidy lump us. grin

LadyMaryQuiteContrary Fri 19-Apr-13 14:44:29

Thank you. How long did it take if you don't mind me asking? I don't mind waiting, I have to get ds some boots and things though. smile

Icedcakeandflower Fri 19-Apr-13 14:53:13

I think it was around 4 weeks before we heard.

JustPondering Fri 19-Apr-13 15:06:37

Where you in receipt of child tax credits already when you rang tax credits if you don't mind me asking Icedcakeandflower

I have been told 6 weeks too. It will just be a change of circumstances.

Icedcakeandflower Fri 19-Apr-13 15:11:11

Yes, I was already receiving tax credits. Ds was my second time round for DLA, and I seem to remember it took a while before dd's was processed about 18 months before.

Having said all that, you may find yours goes through much quickergrin

LadyMaryQuiteContrary Fri 19-Apr-13 17:50:06

smile Thank you.

CouthySaysEatChoccyEggs Fri 19-Apr-13 20:50:40

Didn't take them 6 weeks to process DS3's, though I was told it would.

It resulted in a large backpay into my bank that I had no idea where it was from, as it is backdated to the start of your DLA claim.

And on the telephone they told me it was an extra £22 a week, when actually it's more like an extra £75 or so.

It took them about a week and a half / two weeks max to process it in my DS3's case.

CouthySaysEatChoccyEggs Fri 19-Apr-13 20:51:18

To note - this was so recent I only got the backpay on Monday.

kinkyfuckery Fri 19-Apr-13 20:54:22

I was told "up to 6 weeks". It was 3-4 weeks.

LadyMaryQuiteContrary Fri 19-Apr-13 20:54:50

smile Thank you. I think it's £58 a week (or something like that) as he gets the mid care. It should be backdated to the end of Feb, I think.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now