Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Positive vibes please.

(29 Posts)
Galena Mon 15-Apr-13 18:18:01

DD (4 in 8 days) has Botox injections in her legs again tomorrow. Has to be done under general anaesthetic - only light and short, but still... sad

I've fed her up because she's not allowed to eat till after the procedure tomorrow. Got to get her up ridiculously early, but know that she will be mainly waiting around for HOURS once there. Last time, because she was the youngest she was first down - but it was 10:30 by the time she went down, even though we had to be there from 7:30! This time it's unlikely she'll be the youngest, so won't be first down.

We've got magazines, wordsearches, new books, teddy, charged the tablet... Got snacky food and water for once she's done. Hmmm, can't think what else I need!

Positive thoughts please!

TheNinjaGooseIsOnAMission Mon 15-Apr-13 18:23:39

hope all goes well tomorrow smile

zzzzz Mon 15-Apr-13 18:27:51

Honk honk

moosemama Mon 15-Apr-13 18:34:31

Sending lots of positive vibes.

Hope it all goes well.

UnChartered Mon 15-Apr-13 18:36:37

more from me too

good luck x

PolterGoose Mon 15-Apr-13 19:01:40

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

CouthySaysEatChoccyEggs Mon 15-Apr-13 19:24:33

<<Major positive vibes sent your and your DD's way>>

Galena Mon 15-Apr-13 19:46:28

Thanks all. I'm a mega control freak a fan of being in control and I hate losing control completely!

Ineedmorepatience Mon 15-Apr-13 20:14:42

Honking for you and mingalena

Honking for you. X

auntevil Mon 15-Apr-13 20:59:15

Honks for you both

lougle Mon 15-Apr-13 21:04:19

Thinking of you smile

Galena Mon 15-Apr-13 21:11:32

Thanks all...

Hasn't helped that she wouldn't settle tonight with her night-splints on, so she's only just settled (now I've taken them off) and has to be up an hour and a half earlier than she normally wakes.

She's going to be vile.

NoHaudinMaWheest Mon 15-Apr-13 21:24:37

Hope it goes well. You sound really prepared.

proudmum74 Mon 15-Apr-13 21:37:38

Sending lots of positive thoughts & hugs for you both!

Is this the first time she's needed to have an anaesthetican?

Thinking of you both. anaesthetics are so hard for little ones sad

Galena Tue 16-Apr-13 06:24:37

I'm up. Will get her up in a while. This is her second anaesthetic. First one was for the same procedure 18 months ago.

Got our school offers today and really relieved that we got the school we wanted - not that I know why I was worried... It is named on her statement, so she was definitely going to get in!

chatee Tue 16-Apr-13 07:34:57

Thinking of you and your little dd today Galena - hope it all goes really well
Ps headphones for gadgets? then you can close curtains and let her concentrate on her 'film/game' rather than distracted each time someone is collected to go to theatre.
X

TheNinjaGooseIsOnAMission Tue 16-Apr-13 07:40:10

thinking of you this morning galena smile

Glad your school is in black and white. I know it's silly, but I was the same until DS2 got his secondary place (named on statement) confirmed.

Hope everything goes smoothly, today. X

Galena Tue 16-Apr-13 12:58:27

All done and home. smile she was a star. They had a severe lack of beds. (25 overnight patients in the 'day surgery' beds, meaning the paediatric bay of the day surgery ward was full of adults. So we had all the pre-op discussions and assessments in a tiny room, then we were taken down to theatre and the next person was taken to the little room, etc. Once she was out of recovery, we were taking to paediatric inpatients in the hope we'd only be there a couple of hours so we didn't take up the bed too long! Luckily DD bounced back quickly, ate, drank and didn't throw up...

So we left around 12 - she went into theatre just before 10!

Thanks for all the honks and vibes. smile

TheNinjaGooseIsOnAMission Tue 16-Apr-13 13:00:33

fab news, pleased all went well smile

zzzzz Tue 16-Apr-13 13:02:12

What relief for you all. Well done both of you. smile

Galena Tue 16-Apr-13 13:09:48

smile Thanks.

thereonthestair Tue 16-Apr-13 13:29:47

So glad it went ok and she was a star. Hope you get a good range of post botox movement to build on.

Separately I can't believe the differences in treatments though. DS just got 4 jabs on a day bed, in and out in 30 mins (including the 20 mins post procedure wait) and no anathestic. We are now trying to push to have it again sooner than the 12 months our consultant will allow.

Also how long has DD had night splints for. That's one thing we have never had?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now