Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

CAMHS ..and Tier 3 ???? What is it ?

(4 Posts)
bizzey Mon 15-Apr-13 14:12:40

I had a letter today adressed to our com pead but copy to me asking her to complete her assessment...but at present we will be declining the referral to the Tier 3 service .

Any one know what Tier 3 is ??

Thanks

Ineedmorepatience Mon 15-Apr-13 14:18:42

Tier 3 is the consultant, probably a Psychiatrist.

What were you referred to CAMHS for?

bizzey Mon 15-Apr-13 14:41:05

Ineedmore...Thank you for replying so quickly !

To be honest I am slightly unsure myself why...but we are under nearly every out patient department so far and pead mentioned CAMHS to us (I had heard of it and did know what is was ) that I said yes!

DS3 is behind at school...(2.5-3 yrs)..he is yr 4....attention /concentration problems in a passive way not figity way ...but everything explodes when at home or my mums....??only 2 places he feels comfortable with ? I feel like I have to walk on eggshells with him ..he is little for his age ..but my word WHAT A TEMPER/TANTRUM !!! Cannot talk to him or calm him or stop him beeing violent or destructivesad.

Once is is "spent" ...he will still not accept he was wrong or in the wrong ...it was still someone elses fault that made him do those things .

Maybe we were refered for "anger management "??

Better stop now as I could go on forever !!!

But thanks again !!

Maybe we will get to see a nurse then ??

Ineedmorepatience Mon 15-Apr-13 15:02:04

It seems odd that you were referred direct to tier 3, I thought they normally saw people at tier 1 and made an in house decision about whether they were going to refer on.

If you normally see a community paed I am not sure if they diagnose conditions such as ADHD, ADD, ASD etc.

You might need to start at the bottom at CAMHS or see a developmental paediatrician. Perhaps you could ring CAMHS and ask them what will happen next.

Personally I would think that they would need to rule out any underlying conditions before offering anger management as some methods dont work well with children with specific issues.

Good lucksmile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now