Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Vaccination advice plz

(10 Posts)
sannaville Sat 13-Apr-13 21:03:29

Hello all, dd2 is due her MMR for various reasons I'm looking to get her jabs singly, most importantly and firstly will get her the measles one done.

But what I need to know is the other booster jabs that are given at same time as MMR (is it tetanus, meningitd or whooping cough maybe??) can I get these done seperately also?

She had her baby jabs

Many thanks

zzzzz Sat 13-Apr-13 21:07:11

I don't think you can get the Mumps seperately???

Your practice nurse should be happy to explain all the options.

zumbaleena Sat 13-Apr-13 21:09:44

try breakspear or babyjabs

sannaville Sat 13-Apr-13 21:12:21

Thank you both! Yes I've read that mumps is in available at present. At present I feel measles is most important and that's going to be an all hands on deck job to pin her down for that one!

sannaville Sat 13-Apr-13 21:21:33

Do you think nurse would give the polio and diphtheria jab (found out what it is now. ) without giving the mmr?

zzzzz Sat 13-Apr-13 22:05:16

Yes

bigbluebus Sat 13-Apr-13 22:12:03

Should be able to get the other jabs without the MMR (DS had everything but MMR), although the nurse will probably try abd persuade you to have MMR in view of recent outbreak of Measles and the fact that you cannot get single mumps vaccine.
Before I get flamed, DS had his MMR this week - 14 yrs late, but better late than never. Was a bit shocked though that practice nurse was slating the single jabs. Uncalled for in my opinion, as DS was there to actually have the MMR!

boobybum Sun 14-Apr-13 01:25:00

I think that there are two other injections given with the MMR. These are for a few things (pneumonia and others that I cant remember exactly!) but I do know that they will give these separately if you want and I believe you can also request that each injection be given on different occasions so that you are not overloading your DC all at one time.

sannaville Sun 14-Apr-13 06:58:34

Great that's really helpful thanks

Pixel Sun 14-Apr-13 21:07:14

I seem to recall having to have the rubella one first, something to do with a loophole that if you have already started a course of singles you can have the rest (or could if mumps one still existed), but you can only ask for rubella singly to start with. Sorry it's a bit hazy as 12 years since ds had his singles. Perhaps someone else remembers the details better or perhaps it doesn't apply now?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now