Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Who can schools refer a child to?

(2 Posts)
crazeelaydee Thu 11-Apr-13 11:26:18

I have name changed for this one. I visited my GP and had my Ds referred to CAMHS resulting in a Dx of ASD, this would never of happened if there was not significant problems with the school. No massive difficulties at home but I'm guessing that is because we had adapted over the years.

Now I am aware that schools can refer a child to an Educational Psychologist, and Autism Outreach Services, but can anyone tell me who else a school can refer a Dc to in general?

auntevil Thu 11-Apr-13 12:36:04

I don't know if it is the school per se, but at our school, they seek advice from the school nurse.
School nurse wears 2 hats. Works school hours and in schools, but can refer within NHS.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now