Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

dd1- behaviour?

(6 Posts)
CherryMonster Mon 08-Apr-13 13:32:42

dd1 is 8 and has been diagnosed with adhd, i was told that the diagnosis included possible aspergers. i am struggling with managing her behaviour. she hits out a lot, and growls all the time, mostly at her sister who is 7. she also threatens to hit her sister, and whenever anything happens, it isnt her fault, she always tries to find a way to make it somebody elses fault. her and her sister share a bedroom, this isnt through choice, but i cant change it. she attends a special needs besn school and gets middle rate care and low rate mobility on dla. i dont know what to do, i need ideas for ways of stopping her doing these things or at least managing them better.

PolterGooseLaidAChocolateEgg Mon 08-Apr-13 15:24:25

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

CherryMonster Mon 08-Apr-13 20:16:25

what is pda please?

Dinkysmummy Mon 08-Apr-13 20:23:23

Pathalogical demand avoidance/PDA

check this link

CherryMonster Mon 08-Apr-13 20:34:09

wow, that is fascinating.

CherryMonster Tue 09-Apr-13 00:19:30

it does sound a lot like her, the slow motor skills, good eye contact, refusal to do as asked, avoidance, although she was verbal early on, and has an amazing vocabulary, and is a very intelligent girl, she does struggle with meanings of speech, and has no concept that somebody might be upset or cross because of something she has done.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now