Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Just want to share something positive!

(10 Posts)
starfish71 Sat 06-Apr-13 10:33:13

DS1 and DS2 are both having difficulties going anywhere at the moment. Both want to stay in the house, trying all sorts to encourage but they won't/can't go anywhere. (both boys have ASD).

Anyway, I gave up yesterday after a long week and while DS1 was in his shed and DS2 happily taking over the living room with his transformers got on with the huge pile of ironing.

Then when DH came home from work DS2 suddenly asked if we could go to Burger King. And if we could eat inside! I know it sounds so simple but this was huge for us, we went straight away, no time to change his mind! Then DS1 said he didn't want to come but would go to grandmas while we were there, if we brought him back a takeaway! success, they both got out for the first time all week.

Then my DS2 while we were sitting in BK spotted a little girl had dropped a piece of a dinosaur toy as she left with her mum, it was tiny I wouldn't have even noticed it! He made me run after them to give it to them as she would be very upset to find it was missing! I was so proud of him.

Sorry for the essay but think you will understand its the very small things that can really make a long week suddenly brighter. smile

Ineedmorepatience Sat 06-Apr-13 10:36:24

Great news starfish, glad you managed to get out and how lovely of your Ds2.

Hope you enjoyed your burgers grin

[I have a funny picture in my head of your Ds1 eating a burger in his shed] grin

Funny how it always seems to be when you give up that they decide to do something positive. confused Lovely day for you. flowers

moondog Sat 06-Apr-13 10:45:05

smile

FreshWest Sat 06-Apr-13 11:43:53

Well done grin

Burger King seems to be the saviour this week, we took dd on Thursday. We had managed to get to ikea with success so decided we were on a roll and stopped in Burger King on the way home.
Chicken nuggets and the Pocoyo app combined to make it an enjoyable lunch shock
This kind if thing doesn't happen for us often.

Dinkysmummy Sat 06-Apr-13 11:55:59

grin it is Definately all in the little things!

Must have been great not to be a prisoner in your own home! Fingers crossed you manage to get out one day next week!

I took dinky to mc Donald's because she managed to handle the job centre very well! (normally she hides under the desks because of all the shouting and the having to sit still and remain quiet which is defo not her strong point!)

NoPinkPlease Sat 06-Apr-13 12:50:21

grin Small things are very very important grin

NoHaudinMaWheest Sat 06-Apr-13 21:48:47

Yes great. It is the little things that make the difference to everyday life.

starfish71 Sat 06-Apr-13 22:34:19

Thank you smile. I was even more grateful today that we managed that yesterday. Spent afternoon down hosp with father in law who possibly has had a stroke, know more tomorrow.

But again, trying to think positive, am very grateful to my wonderful sister who looked after the boys all afternoon.

Oh, starfish, sad Hope your FIL makes a good recovery.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now