Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

OMG! That was quick!! (DLA related)

(9 Posts)
CouthySaysEatChoccyEggs Fri 05-Apr-13 14:32:11

I posted DS3's DLA form back on something like 24th March. I got a letter today.

gringringringringringringringringrin

He's been awarded HRC!!

They can't give anything for mobility as he's only 2y2mo.

But I really wasn't expecting it this quickly - it obviously shows how clear cut his issues are, which is kind of sad, but I'm happy because I can buy him his weighted blanket for his bed, and some extra tall stairgates!!!

I'm also toying with getting some ABA books - any good suggestions as a starting point?

I've got a fair amount if backpay, and want to find the best things to help DS3. The money will also help me to buy his incredibly expensive food, that I have to get because of his allergies!!

CouthySaysEatChoccyEggs Fri 05-Apr-13 14:47:25

God, I've looked at the date on the letter - it's dated 28th March. So they took just 3 days to decide that he was entitled to HRC. Sheeeeeeeesh.

I know it's a lot of work to look after him, but I didn't expect DLA to see that so quickly!

Ineedmorepatience Fri 05-Apr-13 16:20:14

Great news couthy and well done for ploughing through the form smile

weegiemum Fri 05-Apr-13 16:23:45

So happy for you.

But I know the mixed feelings! A year ago I got HR mobility and MR care, and 95% of me was "cool, great, no appeals" and the other 5% was "how fucked am I?"

Nothing is simple!

LadyMaryQuiteContrary Fri 05-Apr-13 16:27:56

I sent ds's off on the 27th Feb and have heard nothing apart from letter asking why it took me so long to send the form in. confused I don't really care if it's backdated or not, I just want them to process the damn form!

I'm very happy for you, the form is a nightmare. smile

Dinkysmummy Fri 05-Apr-13 16:46:26

That's awesome!!!! grin grin grin

Bluebirdonmyshoulder Fri 05-Apr-13 17:28:40

Great news! Just sent my form off today so hope your good news is an omen.

Saw this on the chat thread. grin Brilliant!

NoHaudinMaWheest Fri 05-Apr-13 21:47:38

Excellent news Couthy

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now