We have a ds (10 - yr 5) due to go to middle school next September. She has a 27.5 hr statement (just been reviewed) no diagnosis yet - waiting on cahms but I am convinced PDA / ASD ( also hyper mobile - diagnosis about 2 years ago)
We are looking at moving 50 miles Away - the area in a 2 tier system so he would go to junior school for one year and them high school ( the high school has a learning unit attached hence the move). Academically he is very very bright - getting it down on paper is another story.
What things do I need to do ? Do I speak to the schools or wait till we know when we will move (have to sell first ) would they have to honour the statement ? Will I have to go back on a new cahms waiting list ?
My understanding is a new LA will usually honour a statement only until they have completed their own assessment. In a 2 tier system, you would usually be naming the secondary school by the year 5 annual review (transition) which is often held quite early in Y5, before Easter. So not sure what would be your best course of action, TBH. I guess letting both LAs know about the pending move, but until you actually exchange...