Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Changing LA \ school

(3 Posts)
notapizzaeater Thu 04-Apr-13 18:39:07

We have a ds (10 - yr 5) due to go to middle school next September. She has a 27.5 hr statement (just been reviewed) no diagnosis yet - waiting on cahms but I am convinced PDA / ASD ( also hyper mobile - diagnosis about 2 years ago)

We are looking at moving 50 miles Away - the area in a 2 tier system so he would go to junior school for one year and them high school ( the high school has a learning unit attached hence the move). Academically he is very very bright - getting it down on paper is another story.

What things do I need to do ? Do I speak to the schools or wait till we know when we will move (have to sell first smile) would they have to honour the statement ? Will I have to go back on a new cahms waiting list ?

notapizzaeater Fri 05-Apr-13 00:02:35

Bump ...

My understanding is a new LA will usually honour a statement only until they have completed their own assessment. In a 2 tier system, you would usually be naming the secondary school by the year 5 annual review (transition) which is often held quite early in Y5, before Easter. So not sure what would be your best course of action, TBH. I guess letting both LAs know about the pending move, but until you actually exchange...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now