Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Tribunal question - do I have a right to a copy of LA assessments?

(3 Posts)
KeepOnKeepingOn1 Wed 03-Apr-13 17:33:17

Final evidence deadline is tomorrow.

LA are attempting to dispute ASD diagnosis (not acknowledged in part 2 o proposed statement and so not in part 3). I have received a copy of LA EP report but not their indi SALT report. The SALT had previously indicated that she would send a copy to the instructing legal team and then to me. I have requested a copy from the SALT but she is stalling saying that she has contacted the legal team.

Do I have a right to a copy of an assessment carried out by an indi SALT in my home even if I did not request the assessement? It seems odd that I had to give explicit consent for assessment but I am not allowed to see the results - or at least not prior to final deadline.

TIA

bjkmummy Wed 03-Apr-13 18:33:16

if final evidence deadline is tomorrow then you should get sight of it tomorrow which is pretty pants really when you know it has been sent to their legal team before you have had sight of it.

If it isnt sent to you tomorrow in the final submissions - with me everything was sent via email at 4.50pm! put it in writing immeadiately to the LA that you want the report within 48 hours - if they fail to send it then put a reqwuest into the tribunal to order its disclosure.

the LA have a duty to disclose everything to you - good or bad for their case and there is case law for this - if you need the case to quote give me a shout

bialystockandbloom Wed 03-Apr-13 18:42:20

If they are presenting this as evidence, yes you have the right to see it! If it doesn't arrive tomorrow, do as bjk says and email the LA. I'd copy in SENDIST too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now